17 April 2011

The new Harry Lime

"This Narrative advocates for [the United States of] America to pursue her enduring interests of prosperity and security through a strategy of sustainability that is build upon the solid foundations of our national values."

from A National Strategic Narrative (2011)

by Mr Y 

_________________________________________________________________


"... you and I aren't heroes. The world doesn't make any heroes outside of your stories."

"Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare?"

"Nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't. Why should we?"

Orson Welles inThe Third Man

dir Reed (1949)

No comments:

Post a Comment